Computer Support Technician
Global Reach is looking for an individual who has IT experience and will attend to the support needs of both internal staff and clients. The perfect candidate should be comfortable troubleshooting technical issues in order to resolve them in a timely and professional manner.
The Computer Support Technician should be driven to provide exceptional customer service and should have experience interacting with customers, providing support over the phone, in person, or even through on-site customer visits. This role will also serve to provide backup assistance to our in-house support staff when the need arises.
In this role, the Computer Support Technician will be responsible for:
- Respond to service issues.
- Act as the front-line for technical support issues.
- Taking support phone calls on a variety of issues including email, desktop support, server support and network related issues.
- Traveling throughout central Iowa to perform tasks such as desktop troubleshooting or server maintenance. Must have vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Monitors processes and logs of server and network equipment.
- 2+ years of handling a wide range of IT tasks
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
- Windows administration experience
- Familiar with Active Directory, Google Apps
- Setup, maintain and troubleshoot TCP/IP networks, VPNs, firewalls, Wi-Fi and VLANs
- Hardware and software troubleshooting everything from servers to switches to phones
- Virus/malware removal, PC rebuilds.
- Cable runs, installing patch panels, terminating cables
- Patience and experience in customer service.
- Strong written and oral communication
- Level headed under pressure
- Ability to work independently as well as a group
- BA or 3+ years of experience working in IT as an Analyst or doing Support
- Linux and Windows Administration experience
- Experience with Office 365
- Receive compensation for what you are worth
- Paid time off
- Career advancement opportunities
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Short and long term disability
- 401(k) with 4% match
Thorough background checks required. Equal opportunity employer.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.