Web/Graphic Designer - Part Time Permanent
Global Reach is seeking a creative web/graphic designer with at least 2 years of professional experience for our Ames office. This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the largest and most established web development firms in Iowa. The ideal candidate will be skilled in web/interactive design, yet also have a familiarity with print collateral and identity design. The position is part-time permanent, up to 20 hours a week.
What You Will Do:
- Design creative solutions, primarily for web, but also for print media as needed.
- Collaborate with the design team, developers, marketing, management and sales to discover the best solutions for our clients' needs.
- Work with web developers as needed in the deployment of website designs.
- Deliver design excellence with sub-pixel attention to detail.
- Be part of a diverse team of internet industry experts, at a company that is ranked among Iowa's Top Workplaces by The Des Moines Register.
- AA, BA or BFA in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in graphic design, with strong creative background and a portfolio that demonstrates a strong grasp of design principles, color theory, and layout.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and InDesign.
- Solid grasp of web usability and user experience heuristics.
- Strong critical thinking skills demonstrated through the solutions presented in your portfolio.
- Video/Animation and/or Photography skills are a plus but not required.
- Strong typography skills, including web typography standards and use in print collateral.
- Portfolio of your work demonstrating your creative abilities at their best (website preferred, PDF otherwise).
- Ability to switch gears easily between multiple projects.
- Desire to learn about new design trends and apply them through your creative vision.
- Can-do spirit and team mentality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be constantly passionate about web design, technology, and user experience while inspiring others with your passion.
Thorough background checks required. Equal opportunity employer.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to e-mail a cover letter, resume, and portfolio link or pdf to email@example.com.