Global Reach Email Auto Clean FAQs
Effective January 1st, 2015, Global Reach will be implementing a change to webmail and IMAP email services you should be aware of. In order to ensure that we can provide the best, fastest, and most reliable email services, we will be enabling a new automatic cleanup policy on the “junk email” and “deleted items” folders. With this new policy, messages in those folders will be permanently deleted after 30 days.
For most people, the policy to delete items from “junk email” and “deleted items” just makes sense. Most of the other email service providers already have similar policies. However, some users may want to take steps to avoid losing messages they’ve deleted, but still want to keep around for later access.
See below for a list of frequently asked questions.
- Q. Who does this change affect?
- Q. What should you do if you don't want your "junk email" and “deleted items" messages removed automatically?
- Q. What should you do if you only use POP3, and don't use IMAP or webmail?
- Q. What will happen to the messages in other folders in your mailbox?
- Q. What if you need to use a combination of desktop and mobile devices to check your email?
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.