How To Synchronize SmarterMail Calendar with a SmartPhone (iOS and Android)
Before proceeding to the next steps, first you need to login to your email account using your internet browser at mail.globalreach.com in order to retrieve your Calendar "CalDAV URL".
Once you login click on the "Calendar" icon, which is the one highlighted with yellow color shown in the screenshot below, then click on the "Actions" menu and then click "Get CalDAV URLs".
Select and copy your "CalDAV URL" so that you can use it in the next steps for synchronizing your Calendar on your SmartPhone/Tablet.
Instructions for Apple iPhone and other iOS devices:
- From your home screen, click on the "Settings" icon.
- From Settings choose "Calendar"
- Click on "Accounts".
- Then "Add Account".
- From the list choose "Other"
- Then click on "Add CalDAV Account"
- In the "Server" field enter the "CalDAV URL" you gathered from the previous step and in the username and password field enter your email account username and password accordingly. In the Description just enter a description that suites your calendar name, then click "Next" to continue.
- If the account settings were entered correctly you will be be prompt with the following screen, just click "Save" to complete the setup.
Instructions for Android devices:
- You will need to download an application that supports CalDAV Synchronization from the Play Store. After trial and error, Global Reach recommends the purchase and installation of the application:
DAVx⁵ – CalDAV & CardDAV Sync client. Link.
- Open the application and click on the + icon on the bottom right of the screen.
- Click on the second radio button with the option "Login with URL and user name"
- Fill in the "Base URL" with the CalDAV URL you copied earlier from https://mail.globalreach.com/, and proceed by entering your Email Address in the "User Name" field and your email account password in the "Password" field. Then tap Login on the bottom right of the screen.
- Choose an Account Name and tap Create Account. This name is what will show up in your main Calendar Application.
- Tap the "CALDAV" option from the navigation bar at the top.
- Tap on the Checkbox next to your calendar, and then tap on the Synchronize button on the bottom right of the screen.
- Your main Calendar Application will show this new Calendar in there. You might have to enable it (By checking a box), or even enable CalDAV calendars before you can see it there.
For example, Google Calendar displays it like so.