To configure your Apple Mail, follow the steps below:
1. Open Apple Mail either by selecting it in the dock, finding it in Launchpad, or by searching for it by using the spyglass in the top-right corner of the screen.
2. Select Mail from the menu bar.
3. Click Preferences...
*This screen will be where you can view/edit your account settings once we have added the account.
4. Click the + icon in the lower-left corner.
5. Select Add Other Mail Account...
6. Click Continue.
7. Enter your account information:
a. Full Name: Enter the name you would like to send messages as.
b. Email Address: Enter your Global Reach email address.
c. Password: Enter your Global Reach email password.
8. Click Create. Under where you enter the account information it will now say it is Discovering settings… but go ahead and click the Next button.
9. Enter the Incoming Mail Server Info:
a. Account Type: Select POP.
b. Mail Server: Enter mail.globalreach.com.
c. User Name: Enter your full email address.
d. Password: Enter your password.
10. Click Next.
11. Enter the Outgoing Mail Server Info:
a. SMTP Server: Enter mail.globalreach.com.
b. User Name: Enter your full email address.
c. Password: Enter your password.
12. Click Create.
13. The account has now been added! However, we still need to confirm the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) settings. Click on the drop-down menu for the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) settings toward the bottom of this window.
14. Select Edit SMTP Server List…
15. Make sure there are no other SMTP servers on the list other than the mail.globalreach.com server. If there is, you can highlight it and remove it by clicking on the – icon in the lower-left corner of the window.
16. Enter 465 for the Port and make sure Use SSL in selected.
17. Make sure Authentication is set to Password.
18. Click OK.
19. This will bring you back to the main Accounts menu. Now, select the Advanced tab.
20. Enter 995 for the Port and make sure Use SSL is selected.
21. Make sure Authentication is set to Password.
22. Confirm your settings and close the window.
You should now be setup to receive and send email with your Global Reach email via Apple Mail. If you have any trouble with this process, please visit the Apple Mail Support page or contact Global Reach Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.