*WARNING! Please be advised Outlook 2003 is no longer supported by Microsoft. You can still use these instructions to set up an account in Outlook 2003 but Microsoft no longer supports the product and provides updates or patches. We recommend you upgrade to a supported product.*
To configure Outlook 2003
- Open Outlook.
- Click the Tools menu, and select Account Settings...
- Click Add a new e-mail account, and click Next.
- Choose POP3 as your server type by clicking the radio button, and click Next.
- Fill in all necessary fields to include the following information:
Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages.
Email Address: Enter your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Incoming mail server (POP3): mail.globalreach.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.globalreach.com
User Name: Enter your full email address (email@example.com)
Password: Enter your email password
- Click More Settings... and then click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab, and check the box next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under Incoming Server (POP3). Enter 995 in the Incoming Server box.
Check the box next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under Outgoing Server (SMTP), and enter 465 in the Outgoing server (SMTP) box.
- Click OK.
- Click Test Account Settings... After receiving Congratulations! All tests completed successfully, click Close.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
*Most of the time you will want to create a new data file when you are creating a new email account (this is the default setup for Outlook). However, there are some scenarios where using an old data file is necessary. If this is the case, you can change what data file new mail is sent to by following these steps:
- Click on the Tools menu
- Click on Email Accounts
- You can highlight what account you are wanting to change and then change what data file new e-mail is delivered to here.
- Click Finish