To configure Outlook 2010/2007
1. Open Outlook.
2. Click on File, and then click Add Account.
3. Select “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and click Next.
4. Select Internet E-mail and click Next.
5. Enter your account information:
a. Your Name: First Last
b. E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
c. Account Type: POP3
d. Incoming mail server: mail.globalreach.com
e. Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.globalreach.com
f. User Name: email@example.com
g. Password: xxxxxxxx
*In most cases, you will want Deliver new messages to: to be set to "New Outlook Data File". However, there are some cases where you will want to use the data file from an a different account. If this is the case, you will want to select "Existing Outlook Data File" and select the corresponding data file you want to send the mail to.
6. Click the "More Settings..." button, and select the Outgoing Server tab.
a. Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
b. Click the Advanced tab, and check the box next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
c. In the Incoming server (POP3): enter 995.
d. In the Outgoing server (SMTP): enter 465, from the dropdown menu Use the following type of encrypted connection: select SSL.
e. Check Leave a copy of messages on the server, Remove from server after '14' days, and Remove From server when deleted from ‘Deleted Items’.
7. Click OK.
8. Click the "Test Account Settings..." button, then click Close.
9. Click Next, and then click Finish.
You should now be setup to receive and send email with your Global Reach email via Outlook. If you have any trouble with this process, please contact Global Reach Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.