Why Hire a Copywriter? Here are 5 Good Reasons...
What good is a website without quality content? Content is now a major determining factor in how well a website will perform. Good content can increase a website's ranking in search engine results pages, as well as promote more engagement from website visitors. In fact, with the recent shift in strategy from a focus on keywords to acknowledging the value of unique and engaging content, a thorough and consistent approach has become even more of a necessity.
Yet so often, content creation is pushed down on the priority list. Whether or not you’re a good writer, it can be hard to devote the time and focus it takes to crank out quality content on a regular basis. That being said, good content is something that your website needs in order to perform well, both in terms of search rankings and engagement, so in one way or another, it needs to be addressed. If you are lacking the time or the know-how, it may be time to consider a copywriter. Here are 5 reasons why hiring a copywriter is a really good idea.
- You can focus on your customers. When you take into consideration all of the commitments and obligations you have to your own customers, it can be hard to make time to generate compelling, quality content for your own website. If you do make time, it is pretty likely that the needs of your customers are being pushed a few notches down on the priority ladder. That’s not to say that content creation isn’t time well spent, but why not spend that time doing what you do best: helping your customers. Leave the writing to the copywriters. That’s what they do best.
- Get an outsider’s perspective. You might think that a company insider would be best suited to write content in their given area of expertise. While this might be true in some cases, on the other hand, insiders tend to make assumptions about what is and isn’t common knowledge to their audience. Getting an outsider’s point of view may be more useful. After all, it is outsiders to whom you are trying to appeal. Outsourced copywriters can not only more accurately anticipate the questions your audience will ask, but they can also provide answers written in a way that they will understand.
- Copywriters get to know you, as well as your competitors. Copywriters are outsiders, so they know the importance of learning about not only your business, but also the business of your competitors. They are skilled in scoping out strengths and weaknesses and recognizing what works and what doesn’t work to develop an industry specific approach.
- Copywriters know the value of good grammar. With the age of texting, LOL’s and OMG’s have taken the place of subjects, predicates and proper spelling. When it comes to website content, however, grammar and spelling does matter. Bad grammar and misspellings can discredit your business and its message. Hiring a copywriter who makes it a main focus to write clear, concise, error-free copy can save you from paying for innocent mistakes. Plus, proper grammar is also a ranking factor for Search Engines.
- Experience. Above all, copywriters write for a living, so it’s safe to say that they know what they are doing. Writing is not only their area of expertise, but their livelihood. It has been said that the more writing you do, the better writer you become. So why not hire a professional with extensive writing experience?